Monday, November 17, 2008

Introduction



Hello!

I've had a blog here before, but deleted it. It was in response to the 2004 election. I was unemployed at the time and hopeless about the state of the world. I posted mostly political doomsday stuff about how the election was stolen and how the mainstream press wouldn't report it. After Senator Boxer contested the election and nobody paid attention, I deleted my blog.

I used my free time and aggression to write about 50 songs with my good friend, horror director BC Furtney (who handed me stacks of lyrical genius for me to set to music), and we started the band Bull Lee. I play guitar, he played bass. We found our drummer Kevin (or Popey, we call him) in Jan of '05. We looked for singers forever, finally settling on our current singer Trisha after being mesmerized by her drunken “Tainted Love” at a Westside karaoke joint. Turns out it was her first time EVER singing (Trisha also has a fashion business called Redrawn Arts, check it out).

BC left in March of this year to direct more horror in Pittsburgh, PA. He just texted me that his new thing, New Terminal Hotel (starring Fright Night's Stephen Geoffreys, scream queen Tiffany Shepis, The Hills Have Eyes' Ezra Buzzington and Lost Boys' Corey Haim) wrapped yesterday, and we’re all looking forward to his success (I’ve read it and it’s goooooooood!).

Our new bassist is Mo and we’re having a good time jamming with him.

In the waning days of 2007 I began writing and recording my own songs with acoustic guitar. I got the brilliant idea to post a new song per week for all of 2008 on my Myspace page. It’s really good for me, but the year pretty much has been me slaving away in the little home studio I share with my roommate. I look forward to having some weekends free next year and getting out of town to do some performing.

Oh, and I finally got a day gig working at a software co. I’ve worked there over 3 years now. It’s really mellow and the people are great. I feel lucky, and extremely happy that we got it right with the 2008 election. I never thought it would happen. I was sure we were on the path to a police state any day. I feel good about things now, if we can just keep on Obama’s ass to do the right thing I believe he will.

And if he doesn’t, we can throw him out and give Palin a shot in 2012. Ha!

I'll end this post with a quote from Senator Boxer: “I’ve taken lonely votes in my life. I’ve asked tough questions,” she said. “Otherwise, what’s the point of being in the world, let alone in the Senate?”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! I subscribed in Google reader!

Unknown said...

Keeping fingers crossed!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.